Facility Updates - We will be updating the Wellness Center with some new equipment. Click Here to read more.
Assistant Swim Team Coach
Under the direction of the Program Director of Aquatics and the Head Swim Coach, the Assistant Swim Coach is responsible for helping coach and manage the RGS swim team. Responsibilities include age-group coaching duties with an emphasis on safety, proper skill development, team member development, seasonal planning, daily workouts, goal setting, and promotion of both competitive swimming and FAST’s core values and team goals.
- Ensure the safety of swim team members, performing lifesaving and/or first aid procedures when necessary.
- Enforce team rules and policies as well as pool rules and regulations.
- Respond to swimmer accidents and emergencies, and administer first aid and CPR as necessary.
- Conduct swim team workouts and provide instruction to swim team members; enhance the swimming skills and development of all team members; ensure team member adherence to and understanding of safe training, competitive and swimming practices.
- Assist and support all team-related activities, parties, fund raisers etc.
- Perform various clerical duties in support of the swim team such as responding to parents’ and swimmers’ questions and memos, creating workouts, taking attendance and assisting with meet entries as needed.
- Operate a variety of pool, office, and coaching equipment including a copier, computer and assigned software.
- Maintain routine records related to swimming accidents, incidents and assigned activities.
- Maintain swimming area in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
We are currently seeking candidates with the following attributes:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of competitive swimming experience at US Swimming, high school
- At least 2 years of working with, coaching, teaching or monitoring youth at the age-group swimming level
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Lifeguard certification – must be current with lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid, & AED or BLS
- Current YMCA swim lesson instructor certification
- Have or be able to take the current USA Swimming coach certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY:
- RGS YMCA pool safety practices, procedures, rules and regulations
- Methods and procedures for providing swim team instruction and conducting swim team workouts.
- Safe training practices and routines, procedures and techniques of rescuing swimmers from accidents and emergency situations.
- First aid and CPR procedures.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Basic mathematics.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Computer skills with knowledge of Team Manager and Meet Manager program
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Ensure the safety of swim team members by monitoring swim practices, performing lifesaving procedures and enforcing pool rules and regulations.
- Conduct swim team workouts and provide proper coaching skill development to swim team members.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other swim team and city employees.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Perform clerical duties related to assigned activities
- Operate a computer and assigned software.
- Maintain routine records and be able to accurately process basic mathematic computations.
- Develop age-group level swimmers as both high-quality swimmers and high-quality people.
- Develop and implement seasonal training plans, including training cycles and daily workout organization for all competitive strokes and for the specific training groups assigned.
- Assume swim team leadership role as needed and take personal responsibility for becoming a competitive swimming coaching professional.
- Build genuine relationships with swim team members and maintain a welcoming and nurturing environment.
- Effectively communicate with a diverse group of athletes, parents, city employees, volunteers and coaches
- Be available to coach a flexible schedule to work early morning and night practices and attend weekend swim meets if and when assigned.
Cause Driven Competencies:
- Mission Advancement- advancing the Y’s promise to strengthen community
- Collaboration – working with, understanding, and developing others
- Operational Effectiveness – ensuring relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability
- Personal Growth – developing continually to adapt to new challenges
Apply by Email: email@example.com
The tumbling instructor is a leader who shows a high level of commitment to its success. An instructor has the authority to make decisions regarding the safety and well-being of all members and non-members who may be participating within the program. Instructors shall always be approachable and dedicated to providing participants with the most enjoyable experience possible.
1. Must be at least 19 years of age with prior tumbling and/or gymnastics experience.
2. A Well-rounded individual who can communicate with members, co-workers, and directors in a positive and professional manner.
3. A professional, clean appearance and great attitude.
4. Strong customer service, organizational, and communication skills.
5. A well-rounded individual who can engage with members, co-workers, directors and volunteers in a positive and professional manner.
6. Attention to details, accuracy and deadlines.
7.Reliable transportation to and from work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Arrive on time in appropriate attire, wearing staff shirt and name tag.
- May be required to walk, stand, run, kneel, climb and stoop.
- Must be able to sit on the floor and get back up.
- Continuous operations requiring attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- Must be able to lift, pull and pull up to 50 pounds
- Must be physically able to successfully complete required certifications
Hours and Rate of Pay:
Cause Driven Competencies:
Mission Advancement– advancing the Y’s promise to strengthen community
Collaboration– working with, understanding, and developing others
Operational Effectiveness– ensuring relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability
Personal Growth– developing continually to adapt to new challenges
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Service Position
This position is responsible for operating and maintaining the Welcome Center services and systems. Greet & welcome all constituents of the YMCA and develop relationships that ensure member retention and satisfaction. Provide interviews, give tours, and close sales to potential members. Process and receipt for program registrations, retail sales, memberships, and other events. Ensure a positive member experience with excellent customer service. Assist in membership & marketing duties as assigned by the Membership Director. Responding to member questions and concerns.
Responsible for providing daily services to all members, prospective members and program participants. This includes greeting members by name, welcoming guests, registering for programs and membership, and giving tours.
Answer phones promptly in a courteous, respectful and friendly manner. Return phone calls, call new members, prospective members, and terminated members in a friendly manner.
Track all incoming inquiries and membership status. Follow up with members according to tracking procedures.
Scan members’ cards and greet incoming members in a pleasant manner, monitor and control access to the facility.
Interview prospective members, sell memberships, and enroll a new member using standard procedures.
Be knowledgeable about and provide accurate information on facility services, programs, schedules, costs, memberships and policies. Answer questions and address issues in a positive, caring manner.
At the beginning of each shift check all communications & memos for daily updates.
Process memberships, program registrations, and payments for various items/activities. Accurately input applicable information into appropriate computer programs.
Ensure neatness of Welcome Center, front lobby, and maintain coffee/tea.
Various clerical tasks such as typing, copying, filing, billing, phone calls, mailings, stuffing packets, other tasks to be determined by Membership Director.
Opening and closing of the YMCA building according to established procedures. Opening, balancing, and cashing out your own cash drawer at the end of the shift.
Accurately complete any required paperwork including, but not limited to, membership applications and facility rentals.
Process financial aid information in a positive, confidential manner.
Report to work on time with a positive, friendly attitude wearing professional attire/uniform and name badge.
Respond to safety and emergency situations.
Organize and manage lost & found.
Contact members and community guests in a timely fashion, concerning membership questions, concerns and policies.
Other duties, as assigned.
- Computer skills
- Must be 17
- Pass drug screen; Clearances (Child abuse, criminal background, and fingerprint)
- Reliable transportation
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Minimum wage
- Weekday evenings and one weekend per month.
Must exhibit the four disciplines of a Cause-driven Leader:
- Mission Advancement – advancing the Y’s promise to strengthen community.
- Collaboration – working with, understanding, and developing others.
- Operational Effectiveness – ensuring relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability.
- Personal Growth – developing continually to adapt to new challenges.
Apply by Email: email@example.com
Deadline to Apply: October 31st, 2017