Happy August everyone!! Hard to believe we are in the 8th month of 2019 already!! Summer is flying by, the weather is hot, and the kids are having a blast at Day Camp. Life is Good.
This month I wanted to share my recent experience in attending the Y-USA General Assemblies in Anaheim, CA. Every 3 years the Y-USA holds General Assemblies, which is a 4-day event chocked full of speakers, workshops, presentations, and an exhibition hall where attendees can meet various vendors that serve the Y in their own way. Throughout the 4 days each attendee learns valuable information they can bring back and implement within their Y and Community. I have listed several of those Takeaways below for your reading pleasure:
- There are over 1,000,000 kids in YMCA Camps throughout the US as we speak – think about that.
- Youth Empowerment – The youth are the next generation of leaders and change-makers within our communities. We must engage them and find additional ways to get them into the Y. It is up to us to provide them opportunities for growth and leadership.
- How is our Community going to change in the next 5-10 years? Are we prepared?
- Fear Less, Do More
- What is the BEST that can happen?
- 80% of Donors make decisions with their heart
- “Some things need to be believed to be seen.” – Steve Jobs
The Board, Staff, and other Volunteers are committed to taking what we learned and put it into practice. Together we can only get stronger.
I would like to thank Brad, Bethany, and Kathy for also taking the time out of their busy schedules to attend alongside me. We truly gained great knowledge that will continue to help our Y be the best it can be.
Enjoy the rest of your summer everyone!!