Thursday, June 4, 2020
The Richard G. Snyder YMCA will be opening our doors to our members on Monday, June 22nd, and we can’t wait!
We’ve been carefully planning to reopen our facilities and reactivate key programs in the safest manner possible so you can access the services and support you miss and need the most. We’re following guidance from health experts and local officials to determine the safest way to serve everyone in our community.
We’re doing everything possible to ensure our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe physical/social distancing practices. We will be providing more information about our Phased Reopening Plans in the coming days.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
See you soon!
Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Our doors may be closed but we have been carefully planning to reopen our facilities and reactivate key programs in the safest manner possible so you can access the services and support you miss and need the most. We are doing everything possible to ensure our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we are modifying our policies and programs to facilitate safe physical/social distancing practices.
While the way we will interact with each other will be different, but at the Y, you will always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, nurture your children’s potential and help strengthen our community. We will follow guidance from health experts and local officials to determine the safest way to serve everyone in our community, we want to know how you feel about returning to the Y and what is important to you during this time.
Help us know what is important to you by completing this short 4-minute survey below.
**Stay tuned for more information on when we can safely open our doors to our members**
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Thank you for your support during this time. We have not yet been given the green light to re-open our YMCA. We will continue to keep you posted as announcements are made. We miss you and can’t wait to see you at our Y as soon as we are able to open our doors safely.
Our top priority is the health and safety of our members and our staff. We are currently deep cleaning and disinfecting our facilities, and developing new protocols and procedures to create the safest environment.
Please help us plan for the reopening of the Y by completing this brief survey!
Monday, March 30, 2020
Our facility will remain closed until further notice.
Thank you for your patience during this challenging time for our Y, our community, and our country as we do our part in helping fight back against the COVID-19 pandemic.
At this time, we ask you to consider continuing your RGS YMCA Membership during this closure so we can continue the important work in our community and be ready to open back up as soon as it is safe to do so. Your membership is the lifeblood of our Y, and we’re asking you to stand with us in support during this time.
Even though our physical doors are closed, our team is working hard to ensure you feel a sense of belonging more than ever before. You still belong. If you have been engaging with us on social media, then you are well aware of the commitment we have made to help you reach your goals and dream bigger dreams. We’re so proud to offer My Virtual Y to our members and hope that you see it as just one of the many facets of our dedication to providing programs and services to our community.
Our facilities may be quiet, still, and empty, but our Y is still full of inspiration, focus, and enthusiasm!
We Are Better Together.
Monday, March 16, 2020
As most of you all know, Governor Wolf has mandated that all non-essential businesses be closed. Effective at 9:00 pm this evening the Richard G. Snyder YMCA will be closed for the two-week period as Governor Wolf has directed, beginning March 17, 2020 to at least March 31, 2020. We will be communicating with you during this via social media, email and text message. We hope all of you remain healthy during this trying period.
Sunday, March 15, 2020
As many of you know, we are in unprecedented times and many areas of our lives are changing very quickly. As a response to the recent concerns with the COVD-19 virus, we have decided to cancel all Instructor lead group classes and programs until further notice. This will include all land and water group fitness classes, group swim lessons, tumbling, and healthy living programs. We feel this is the best way to remain socially responsible for the safety of our staff and members. AT this point, we will remain open for general workouts and other services. During this time, we encourage you to utilize our virtual services through My Virtual Y, which include virtual fitness classes as well as “print and go” workouts. These services can be found on our website at https://rgsymca.org/my-virtual-y/. Please feel free to contact us with questions or concerns. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time of uncertainty. We value your membership and appreciate your commitment to our cause.
March 13, 2020
We take your health and safety seriously here at the Richard G. Snyder YMCA. The respiratory illness COVID-19 Coronavirus has spread across the world, and now the outbreak has advanced here in the United States. As we all know, information is changing rapidly and based on local, state and Federal government direction we will operate accordingly. Our goal is that we will do everything in our power to keep operations up and running and to keep everyone safe during this unprecedented situation.
- We will remain open during normal business hours until further notice.
- All classes/program will run at the discretion of the availability of instructors. Please be prepared for possible schedule modifications. All registered class participants will be contacted if class is cancelled.
We understand that people may worry about exposure and we encourage you to take preventative measures through simple daily precautions to help prevent the spread of all respiratory illness:
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap or use hand sanitizer that contains alcohol.
- Sneeze and cough into tissues. If you get mucus or saliva on your skin, clean it off right away.
- Avoid touching your face and unwashed hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, especially people exhibiting respiratory symptoms and fever.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean surfaces, such as counter tops and doorknobs with disinfectant.
The coronavirus is spread through respiratory vapor, such as when someone sneezes or coughs into the air around you. Influenza viruses and common cold viruses are also spread this way.
At the Richard G. Snyder YMCA, these are a few of and actions we are initiating:
- YMCA staff that are ill will be sent home and asked to stay out of work until they are symptom free.
- We are asking members who may be ill with a contagious condition to stay home and return to the Y when they are feeling better and symptom free.
- We are asking that any members or staff that contract the Coronavirus to contact us to let us know so we can follow protocol and inform those of potential exposure.
- We have sanitizing cleaning solution for equipment and fixtures throughout the facility.
- We are asking all members to clean equipment BEFORE and AFTER workouts, with the sanitizing spray that we provide.
- Our staff will be cleaning doorknobs, light switches, counter tops, equipment, handles, weights, etc.
- We will communicate via social media, email and our website of any closing or cancellation of programs.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
The Staff and Board Members of the RGS YMCA
**Please remember that we also offer virtual services through My Virtual Y. Click the MVY button below to do on demand fitness classes, customizable workouts and more.